Goin' Yard

25 August 2009

Panamania!

Wow, I'm in Panama. And I haven't written a blog in a month. Whoops.

To summarize, we lost an Open Cup heartbreaker in overtime in Seattle on the end of the trip in my last post. Our next trip was Dallas (boring), and we lost (depressing). Then Salt Lake City, where some rather big personal news with RBG happened :-), so I wasn't exactly running to the keyboard to update the blog. Now we're in Panama, and I've been doing a lot of work keeping our fans posted on the trip via photo galleries and blogs.

So we're in Panama, staying at a very Americanized hotel where all the employees speak Spanish and English, so it's a fairly sheltered environment. It even feels safer than most international travel (knock on wood).



That's the view from the hotel, looking toward the denser part of downtown Panama City. We play out in a smaller town called La Chorrera on Wednesday night, but we came in on Monday and are staying in Panama City.

I really want to see the canal (you may have heard of it) - after all, how often does one get to go to Panama? - but had so much work to do this afternoon that I couldn't swing it. Now I have to decide whether I want to try to squeeze it in Wednesday morning before the game. In Cancun, I did not take my chance to go to Chichen Itza, which I understand to be farther away than the canal, and I regretted that a bit, so I think I should, but it's always much harder to do than to say on these trips. No transportation, poor language skills, etc., make me pretty unsettled at the thought of leaving the hotel by myself, even on some sort of tour. But we'll see what the concierge says, I guess.

OK, I'm down in the business center, where the wireless internet they're charging me for actually works, and have been all afternoon. It's about time for a break.

But tomorrow night, I'll be the only game in town (the game is not being televised until the following day, so anybody wanting a live report HAS to listen to me!), so get ready for PANAMANIA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home